This year's fourth of July was a bit different than most. With Lexie attending Layton High and being a Lancelle, we actually had to attend our own town's parade. :)
We found a shady spot and were pleasantly surprised we weren't overwhelmed by crowds. I did have to claim our spot the night before, but in these parts that is all part of the fun.
All of the Lancelles met at the start of the parade route. The girls ran through their military parade routine (thus the angry faces) and then it was time to go.
After dropping Lex off, we headed over to our shady spot. Grandma and pa Dopp and Nikki and Clint were so nice to come and support Lexie. In a lot of ways, we felt like we were defecting from the neighboring city. But, in the end, it was still fun. We knew a lot of kids in the parade and it was fun to see them do their thing.
Jackson and Col didn't seem to mind our new surroundings. Izzy was around there somewhere. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of her. If I were betting, I'm sure she was on Grandma's lap. :)
I hesitate to insert this picture in the blog. But... since this is our family record, I gotta. See those glasses? Sadly I had to wear them for TWO weeks. It was torture for me. But, the pain was worth the gain. I was prepping for my eye Lasik surgery. I had to tell myself, "This is worth it! This is worth it!" And, it was. I love not having to worry about my contacts. I just hope the results will last for at least ten years. I'm afraid I'll be using reading glasses sooner than I would like. Getting old kinda sucks. :)
Two of Lexie's cheerleader friends from last year are LHS Cheerleaders. It was fun to see Krystal and Aspynn. It was kind of weird to see them in high school cheer uniforms. These girls will be graduating before we know it.
And finally, it was the Lancelles. We're so proud of Lexie and her accomplishments and hard work. The team puts in an enormous amount of hours and effort. It shows. They are great at what they do and Lex loves almost every minute. ;)
Lex is the second one in toward the middle.
The bad thing about blogging so many months later is that the details aren't very fresh. I think we went to Grandma's after the parade. We also switched it up and went to LHS fireworks with Lex. Their show was impressive. But... if we do it again, we need to find a better spot. We didn't love where we were sitting.
All in all, it was a fun holiday. We love celebrating our freedom and our beautiful country. We are so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment